New Years Resolution


2 Corinthians 4:16 says, “Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.”

I am not a writer. In fact, most people who read my writing are appalled by my grammar/spelling etc. So this is my disclaimer. This is not a blog with the best writing, however it is blog that is straight from my heart.  I have had a prayer journal since 7th grade, so this is a way to share some of the things that I believe God has taught me along the way. I have a very imperfect Christian life. There are days when I am ready to “move mountains” so to speak and there are days I am just surviving. Hopefully this will be a conversation starter about faith, love, struggles, and day-to-day life.

I also want to say I choose the title “Faint Not” because I tend to get incredibly passionate about things and quickly lose steam. This may or may not happen with this blog. Do not judge me if it does. I am human.

So here is just a little glimpse into my life:
I work for Young Life, which is a ministry for High School students. I love my job and I am incredibly blessed by the people in my community who support me. I am recently married to an incredible man who has quickly become my best friend. I live in the same city as BOTH of our parents that is a WONDERFUL gift. My husband and I recently got a scruffy dog that we might be a little too obsessed with. I love people, cultures, cooking (although I am not that good at it), reading, and have recently started running.

So that is enough about me… I am not 100% sure where this blog is going to take me. All I know is that I have been thinking about it for months. A few weeks ago I felt like God was screaming at me to start this when I was at Windy Gap (a Young Life camp in North Carolina). I was listening to a great speaker and I kept writing down different ideas for this blog… so here I am on New Years Eve starting this journey.

I guess you could say my New Years Eve resolution is to share with others a little more publicly what God is speaking/doing/and teaching me in this messy life I live.

Comments

  1. Yay! I'm so excited to read your blog, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment