Patience is a virtue

-->
“Be Still and Know that I am God” Psalm 46:10

I do everything fast. I have ever sense I was a little girl. I have heard the saying “patience is a virtue” 1 trillion times.

When I was in Elementary school I was always the first to be done with tests. I would get my grade back and it was always average because I rushed through the test. There were always careless mistakes.

In College I will never forget when it was “homework” time with my roommates I was always the first one finished and ready to go do something. Some people call this ADD… I call it REALLY SOCIAL.

This is not only true in academics. Wanting to rush through things is true in almost every area of my life. I walk past people with out noticing them and my husband always thinks I am going to run straight into someone. In my mind, I am on a mission, I am focused, But to others it could come across as rude or inconsiderate.

That is why Psalm 46:10 is SO important to me. Be still, and know that I am God. In fact I have it hanging in my room directly across from my bed so I see it every day.  God is SO patient with us. We rush through life trying to get to the next thing and God never does that!

Luke 8 tells us about a woman who had been suffering from bleeding for 12 years. I love this woman. She thought that if she could just touch the edge of Jesus’ cloak she would be healed. Can you imagine? Have you ever thought that? What faith she had. Or was she just SO desperate? I will never know, but Jesus was on his way to deal with a very important matter and was surrounded by a lot of people. The second this woman touched his cloak he stopped. It did not matter that he already had very important plans. He stopped. This woman was important. He knew that she needed him in that moment. He slowed down his busy schedule and gave this woman exactly what she needed.

Our God is SO patient and is always ON TIME!

I want to be like that. I want to slow down in every day life to be aware of the God moments. The moments when someone just needs a hug, or when someone wants to tell you a story that you really don’t have time for.

Psalm 46: 10 is actually really helpful. The mornings that I am still with my Savior are the best. I can sit quietly and talk to him about my day. I can offer him all that have to do and the people I am going to be with. And I can trust that He is God and that HE is in control of all that I will do.

I promise you I do not have it figured out. Anyone who knows me well knows this. But I so long to pay attention to what God is doing in every moment. The beautiful thing is that He knows this and he longs to do this in me more than I do. I will keep praying and keep asking Him to change me and make me more like Him. And then one day, when I see Him face-to-face it will be complete. I will no longer need to rush from one thing to the next. I will no longer miss things. I will be complete.

Comments